Perth Australia – Role of Mine Surveyor Drone/RPAS/UAS Operator – sUAS News
Insight UAS provides surveying and inspection services to the mining, construction and resource industries. Our company specializes in mining and construction survey applications with a strong focus on drone technology. We are a young company with a wide variety of survey and inspection work in a wide range of industries. We are led by a young and enthusiastic team that focuses on the specific needs of our customers. Our services aim to add value to our clients’ operations and projects.
This opportunity will suit candidates who are looking for a mining surveyor role under FIFO (open pit) contract.
This role will also provide the successful candidate with unrivaled support and the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art procedures, workflows and best practices for fast-paced and ever-evolving drone technologies in the field of surveying and mapping. .
Diplomas & experience
- Surveying qualification and experience required (preferably in the mining sector)
- Experience with surface mine surveying workflows, software and hardware
- Current Remote Pilot License (RePL) for multirotor aircraft up to 20 kg (mandatory)
- Current Remote Pilot License (RePL) for fixed-wing and VTOL aircraft up to 20 kg (bonus)
- Experience with aerial survey workflows, data capture and photogrammetry
- Being a driven and resourceful problem solver is central to this role as you will be working with new technologies, hardware and software.
- Attention to detail and an enthusiastic attitude towards learning new skills and new workflows
- Experience with photogrammetry processing software such as Pix4D, Agisoft Metashape, ContextCapture and other GIS programs such as Global Mapper, Cloud Compare, QGIS are all desirable but not essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Standard tasks for surface mine survey such as;
- Drilling and blasting surveys
- Installation and checks of the berm
- Ore margins
- Month-end surveys and volume calculations
- Prism monitoring
- Exploration and grade control survey
- Standard aerial survey tasks for potential ad hoc projects such as;
- Project planning for aerial drone survey and inspection projects
- A wide variety of routine and ad-hoc aerial survey and inspection missions for mining and construction projects
- Aerial data processing and analysis for applications such as project progress, earthworks monitoring and design, rehabilitation analysis, 3D modeling for digital twins and asset inspection, inventory and volume analysis
- Flight planning, approvals and record keeping in accordance with Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) guidelines
- Creating and documenting unique data capture and processing workflows that enhance and add to the professionalism and reliability of our businesses
- Responsible for delivering accurate and repeatable 2D and 3D datasets to our customers.
- Work with the latest technology in drone equipment, hardware and software
- Willingness to travel to regional and remote mining areas and sites for work. Some projects will require on-site time ranging from a few days to a few weeks. Flexibility and willingness to work on these ad-hoc projects on occasion is essential.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have experience on a mining site?
- Do you have the ability to work from home when necessary?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have surface mining experience?
- Do you have a valid Australian driver’s license?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- What is your expected annual base salary?