Is Dallas Spraying You? + Attached to his airplane seat + Jobs for children
Rise and shine, Dallas! It’s Wednesday July 14th.
Today’s headlines: The city sprays against West Nile virus again. Find out if your neighbourhood will be among those treated. Over four million TikTok viewers have viewed a woman glued to her seat aboard an American Airlines flight last week after trying to open a boarding gate and bite a flight attendant. And Dallas has a new employment program designed to get kids off the streets this summer and give them a better professional future.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Wet all day. High: 93, low: 75.
Some of the best stories today in Dallas:
- See what designer Jerod Couch has in mind for season 2 of Wash. (Dallas Weekly)
- Looking for this year Best-Selling Dallas-Fort Worth Residential Communities? Head east! (The morning news from Dallas)
- The Dallas “violence interrupters” now offer training workshops on dispute mediation and security. (FOX 4 Dallas)
- See how photographer Tortellini Thomas captures the complexities of roaming. (Dallas Watcher)
- A local father and son blame each other in a fatal shootout in Dallas. But that’s not how the local police see it. (The morning news from Dallas)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Dallas Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today in Dallas
- Fresh Express Career Fair – Grand Prairie Facility (1 p.m.)
- Yappy Hour (5 p.m.)
- Bastille Day at Revelers Hall! (6 p.m.)
- Well-being Wednesday – Pure Barre (6.30 p.m.)
Dallas Patch Book
- DFW Airport: “Check out the progress of High C doors at DFW!” The new five-door hall is under construction. ” (Facebook)
- Dallas Zoo: “She is beauty and grace. Shout out to Tullah, the most beautiful giant anteater ever!” (Instagram)
- West Village: “The drink of summer, TX Agua Fresca from @micocina! So good: @ dallasites101” (Instagram)
- North Texas Giving Day: “Join us for the NTX Giving Day Social Media Training!” (Facebook)
- DBU Baseball: “Make it five Patriots caught in the draft! Ross Carver is going to Arizona.” (Instagram)
- Dallas CIO: “To help parents prepare for the new school year, the Family and Community Engagement Department will be hosting. (Instagram)
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (official DART page): “DART has regularly sold end-of-life buses or excess plots of land.” (Facebook)
- UT Dallas: “Let’s play ‘Spot the Tobors’. “(Instagram)
- Texas SPCA: “After a 15-month hiatus, we didn’t know how our first mobile adoption event would go.” (Facebook)
- The Dallas Mavericks: “A little dancey-dance @lukadoncic for your timelines.” (Instagram)
- City of Dallas – City Hall: “It’s always a good day to shine the spotlight on the good people of the fire. Thank you for all you do, Dallas Fire-Rescue.” (Facebook)
- JCC Dallas: “Summer Pop Up Class The Light Lab offers a space where children will be amazed while experimenting.” (Facebook)
- Dallas Zoo: “THE IMPORTANT SNAKES: We are delighted to announce the hatching of six healthy Mangshan vipers!” (Instagram)
- Dallas Animal and Adoption Service Center: “Go ahead … try to look at that face without a smile … we challenge you. Larry (# A1124121) and his goofy ears.” (Facebook)
- Dallas Farmers Market: “We’re still on this watermelon game. Get your cheese + dried fruit + meats all from @scardellocheese.” (Instagram)
- North Texas Food Bank: “As we enter a new fiscal year, we want to take the time to remind you of the core values of the North Texas Food Bank.” (Instagram)
- Dallas County Sheriff’s Department: “As the summer heat increases, the problems on the road increase. There is roadside assistance in the event of a breakdown. ” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Free 30 Minute Photo Shoots in Grapevine, TX! (July 17)
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Wednesday! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with a new update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing other friends and neighbors for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Kevin phinney
About me: Kevin Phinney has lived and worked as a writer and editor in Austin, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Seattle and New York. He was born in Brooklyn, New York and raised in El Paso. Phinney attended the University of Austin. He has worked on television as a reporter and commentator, and is a former host of a weekday radio show called “Kevin & Kevin in the Morning” on KGSR-FM (now known as Austin City Limits Radio). He is also the author of “Souled American”, a book tracing race relations in America through music. It was published by BILLBOARD Books and is often used in college classrooms across the country.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Dallas Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.